I came across this incredibly easy recipe online, and though it is called "Birthday Bones Recipe," I figured it could just as easily be called "Holiday Bones Recipe." Best of all it only requires 4 ingredients! Start to finish it only takes about 35 minutes to make these yummy sounding dog cookies. So grab your apron and get baking!
Sourced from Allrecipes.com
Birthday Bones Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter and milk. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Thank you to Allrecipes.com for posting this terrific dog treat recipe!