You will need:
- an assortment of corrugated cardboard boxes, any size
- hot glue gun
- cute paper or fabric for the edges
- Cut the cardboard into strips at least 2-inches wide (wider if you would like), and at least 12-inches long.
- Line the pieces up side by side, with the edges of the cardboard facing up, until you get a stack at least as wide as your palm.
- Use your hot glue gun to glue the pieces together.
- Measure and cut a 2-inch wide (or wider, if your strips were wider) strip of paper or fabric long enough to wrap around the outside of the entire pad, creating a pretty frame.
- Leave each side of the scratching pad uncovered - this way you can flip it over when your cat has worn down one side.
- Sprinkle some dry catnip onto the new scratching pad and introduce it to your sweet kitty!
(photo from Maggie May)